Sika Sikafloor 169 is a two part, very low yellowing, low viscous, transparent epoxy resin for mortars, screeds and seal coats.
Sika Sikafloor 169 is formulated as a transparent binder for coloured quartz mortars and screeds such as Sika CompactFloor and Sika-DecoFloor systems. It is also suitable as a transparent sealer coat for broadcast colour quartz mortar screeds and smooth coatings fully broadcast to excess with coloured chips.
Sika Sikafloor 169 is suitable for normal up to medium heavy and heavy mechanical loading. It is particularly used in the food and pharmaceutical industries, for show rooms, workshops and production areas etc.
- Low VOC-content
- Low yellowing
- Good mechanical and abrasion resistance
- Low viscous
- Easy application
- Multi-purpose binder
Sika Sikafloor 169 may only be used by experienced professionals.
The concrete substrate must be sound and of sufficient compressive strength (minimum 25 N/mm2) with a minimum pull off strength of 1.5 N/mm2. The substrate must be clean, dry and free of all contaminants such as dirt, oil, grease, coatings and surface treatments, etc. High spots must be removed by e.g. grinding.
All dust, loose and friable material must be completely removed from all surfaces before application of the product, preferably by brush and/or vacuum.
Prior to mixing, stir part A mechanically. When all of part B has been added to part A, mix continuously for 2 minutes until a uniform mix has been achieved. To ensure thorough mixing pour materials into another container and mix again to achieve a consistent mix. Over mixing must be avoided to minimise air entrainment.
When using an additional C component like the Sikafloor DecoFiller, please add the C component after Parts A and B have been mixed, in the correct mixing
ratio (Wearing course Sika-DecoFloor; 1 part resin:1.5part Sikafloor DecoFiller) and mix for a further 2 minutes until a uniform mix has been achieved. For mortars add the premixed Sikafloor®-169 to the aggregates and mix until a uniform mix has been achieved.
Sika Sikafloor 169 must be thoroughly mixed using a low speed electric stirrer (300 - 400 rpm) or other suitable equipment. For the preparation of mortars use a forced action mixer of rotating pan, paddle or trough type. Free fall mixers must not be used.
- Biological resistance certificate Sikafloor 169 CSM Statement of Qualification – ISO 846, very good - Report No. SI 1008-533.
- Food compliance according to EC Nr. 1935/2004 and the German Food and Feed Act, Hygiene Institut des Ruhrgebiet; test report H-193755-10 August 2010 (tested system: Sikafloor 169 sealed with Sikafloor®-304 W )
- Eurofins Emission testing of Sikafloor 169 according to the AgBB-scheme and guidelines of the DiBt (AgBB – Committee for Health-related Evaluation of Building Products, DiBt – German Institute for Building Technology).
- Sampling, testing and evaluation were performed according to ISO-16000, Report No. 766563C.
- 2-part epoxy binder for mortars, screeds and seal coats according to EN 1504-2: 2004 and EN13813:2002, DoP 02 08 01 02 009 0 000010 2017, certified by Factory Production Control Body No. 0921, certificate 2017, and provided with the CEmark
|VOC Content:||500.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For use within a Sika system on floors|
|Application Method:||See system sheets|
|Theoretical Coverage:||See system sheets|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||See system sheets|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||See system sheets|
|Pot Life:||30 minutes at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||See system sheets|
|Overcoatable:||See system sheets|
|Fully Cured:||See system sheets|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Sika Thinner C|
|Shelf Life:||24 Months from date of production|
|Packaging:||Available in 10 Kg|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.