This product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for an alternative.
Sikagard® 218W is a single component, coloured, waterborne, modified acrylic resin based intermediate and embedment coating, which contains a silver ion based in-film preservative.
This coating provides a seamless, matt finish, and will provide high-quality coverage consistently, due to the use of elastomeric, which will prevent any cracking or flaking.
Sikagard® 218W is suitable for a number of different surfaces, such as concrete, bricks, metallic surfaces, tiles, plastic, cement based and gypsum substrates, and timber. This versatility allows for use in multiple different industries, including the food and beverage industry, hospitals, health-care facilities, kitchens, prisons and leisure facilities. The durability of Sikagard® 218W allows the product to be subject to repeated cleaning regimes, using mild detergents and cleaning solutions, as well as standing strong against water vapour.
Sikagard® 218W is easily applied, with the best results being obtained through the use of an airless spray. However, roller and brush applications are also suitable for this product. Sikagard® 218W is quick drying, allowing for the application of two coats in one working day. The product is available in 5 litres and 15 litres (in White and RAL 9018). This product is expected to cover 18m2 per coat, when using 5 litres.
Surface and Environment
Sikagard® 218W works on a number of different surfaces, including concrete, metallic surfaces and tiles. The product is intended for internal walls and ceilings, and is suitable for a number of different industries, due to its durability and low odour.
- Sikagard® 218W.
- Formerly Liquid Plastics Steribase SI.
- A single component, coloured, waterborne modified acrylic resin based intermediate and embedment coating containing a silver ion based in-film preservative.
- Embedment, intermediate for internal walls and ceilings.
- For concrete, bricks, cement based and gypsum substrates, metallic surfaces, timber, tiles and plastic.
- Suitable for pharmaceutical, medical engineering, food and beverage industry, hospitals, healthcare facilities, kitchens and prisons.
- Easy application.
- Good resistance to repeated cleaning regimes using mild detergents and cleaning solutions.
- Tough and highly durable.
- Good covering and hiding power.
- Good water vapour permeability.
- Highly elastomeric, resists cracking and flaking.
- Matt finish.
- Easy to clean.
- Low odour.
- 5 litres is expected to cover 18m2 each coat.
- Available in 5 and 15 litres in White and RAL 9018.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.