Sherwin Williams Macropoxy K267 Epoxy Undercoat MIO - Formerly Leighs K267 Transgard TG121 is a 2 pack epoxy, pigmented with micaceous iron oxide used as an intemediate coat in conjuction with Sherwin Williams Macropoxy high performance primers on galvanised steel.
Macropoxy K267 is best used as an intermediate coat in conjunction with Macropoxy high performance primers or used as a primer for painting galvanised steel.
Ensure surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from all surface contaminants. Galvanised substrates should be prepared via degreasing, mordant wash solution, or abrasion via sweep blasting. Apply Macropoxy K267 with airless spray, convential spray, brush or roller. Indefinately overcoatable with epoxy systems provided the surface is suitably cleaned. Compatible with a wide range of Macropoxy, Dura-plate, Zinc Clad Epoxy Primers and Buildcoats. Where a high degree of gloss and colour retention is required overcoating with Acrolon C137V2, Acrolon C237, Acrolon 1850 and Acrolon 7300 within 7 days at a minimum dft of 50 microns or in the case of Acrolon C750V2 overcoat within 4 days. These overcoating times refer to achievement of optimum adhesion at 23°C and will vary with temperature.
- BS476 Part 7 - Surface Spread of Flame - for details of substrates/scheme, consult our technical team
- Highways Agency Item No. 121
- Network Rail Item No. 7.2.2
- LuL APR No. 1649 - N9 Paint System for Galvanised Steel for application to new construction work within LU infrastructure to provide corrosion protection for a 25 Year service life.
- Compatible with a wide range of Macropoxy, Dura-plate, Zinc Clad Epoxy Primers and Buildcoats
- Recommended Cleanser/Thinner: No5
- Pot Life: 3 hours at 15°C
- Dry Film Thickness: 100 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 6.6m2 per litre
- Average Drying Time: to touch 3 hours at 15°C, to recoat 6 hours at 15°C
- Available in Light Grey R8051, and Dark Grey R8050
- Available in 20 Litres