Sherwin Williams Macropoxy C402V2 - Formerly Leighs Epigrip C402V2 is a high build, 2 pack epoxy, zinc phosphate primer / buildcoat for the anti corrosive protection of carbon steel surfaces.
Macropoxy C402V2 is best suited for anti-corrosive protection of carbon steel surfaces prepared by abrasive blast cleaning. May be brush applied onto hand or mechanically prepared surfaces and/or damp gingered surfaces, giving excellent wetting and adhesion characteristics.
Recommended application methods are airless spray, conventional spray, brush and roller. Blast clean to Sa2½ (ISO 8501-1:2007). Average surface profile in the range 50-75 microns. Manually prepared surfaces should be prepared to a minimum standard of St3 ISO 8501-1:2007 at the time of coating. Application to such surfaces should be by brush or roller where the mechanical action will aid adhesion. Ensure surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from all surface contamination.
Where a high degree of gloss and colour retention is required, overcoat with Acrolon C137V2, Acrolon C237, Acrolon 1850 and Acrolon 7300 within 7 days at a minimum DFT of 50 microns or in the case of Acrolon C750V2 overcoat within 4 days. These overcoating times refer to achievement of optimum adhesion at 23°C and will vary with temperature.
- Network Rail Item No. 7.1.5 (Aluminium only)
- Network Rail Item No. 7.1.7, 7.2.2 (other shades)
- LuL APR No. 288: XM92/M24 Surface Tolerant Paint System for Maintenance Steel for application to LU infrastructure to provide corrosion protection for a 25 Year service life.
- LuL APR No. 285: XN90 Paint System for New Steel for application to new construction work within LU infrastructure to provide corrosion protection for a 25 Year service life.
- LuL APR No. 284 - N4/M20 Paint System for New and Maintenance Steel for application to bridges and structures to provide corrosion protection for a 25 Year service life. Refer to APR Entry No. 289 for an equivalent winter grade paint system.
- Pot Life: 1 hour at 23°C
- Dry Film Thickness: 100 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 7.5m2 per litre
- Drying Times: 2 hours at 15°C to touch, 4 hours at 23°C to recoat
- Available in a limited colour range
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.