Sherwin Williams Macropoxy C401 - Formerly Leighs Epigrip C401 is a 2 pack epoxy undercoat, pigmented with MIO (micaceous iron oxide).
Macropoxy C401 is formulated to work as an undercoat in conjunction with Sherwin Williams Epigrip high performance primers.
Ensure surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from all surface contamination. Without topcoat, the material will quickly discolour and patchiness may be exaggerated due to film thickness variation, but will nonetheless provide corrosion protection as a single coat protective epoxy nor will intercoat adhesion be affected by any discolouration. Can be applied using airless spray, conventional spray, brush or roller. Recommended Thinner No5 for thinning and No9 or No13 for cleaning. Recommended primers / topcoats Macropoxy C425V2, Macropoxy C400V3, Zinc Clad J984, Macropoxy C402V2. Where a high degree of gloss and colour retention is required, overcoat with Acrolon C137V2, Acrolon C237, Acolon 1850 and Acrolon 7300 within 7 days at a minimum d.f.t. of 50 microns or in the case of Acrolon C750V2 overcoat within 4 days. Epoxy paints should preferably be applied at temperatures in excess of 10°C. Relative humidity should not exceed 90% and in these conditions good ventilation is essential.
- Network Rail Item No. 7.2.2
- Network Rail Item No. 7.1.7
- LuL APR No. 288: XM92/M24 Surface Tolerant Paint System for Maintenance Steel for application to LU infrastructure to provide corrosion protection for a 25 Year service life.
- LuL APR No. 284 - N4/M20 Paint System for New and Maintenance Steel for application to bridges and structures to provide corrosion protection for a 25 Year service life. Refer to APR Entry No. 289 for an equivalent winter grade paint system.
- Dry Film Thickness: 100 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 7.5m2 per litre
- Drying Times: 2 hours at 15°C to touch, 6 hours at 15°C to recoat
- Pot Life: 3 hours at 15°C
- Available in Light Grey and Dark Grey
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.