Owatrol Oleofloor Natural is a waterborne matt oil finish, designed to offer natural high performance protection and enhancement to all interior wood work.
With quick curing times, Owatrol Oleofloor Natural is ideal for use where a quick turnaround is needed and normal service needs to be resumed.
Owatrol Oleofloor Natural is part of the fantastic range of Owatrol Professional products designed to enhance and restore a surfaces natural appearance, with excellent penetrative properties, Oleofloor Natural is an ideal solution for wooden surfaces found in a domestic environment. From panelling to floors and wooden staircases, this product is extremely versatile and works excellently well on all old and new wooden surfaces.
- Waterborne oil - Environmentally friendly
- Non-yellowing. Pleasant odour
- Hardwearing - Enriched with vegetable oil, combined with modified polyurethane resins
- Heavy traffic formula - Hallways and kitchens
- Natural matt finish - Enhances and maintains the natural appearance of the wood
- Easy to apply. Quick drying
- Excellent penetration. Nourishes the wood
- Excellent resistance to abrasion and chemicals, including ammonia based products
- Water repellent - Ideal for bathrooms
- Does not require buffing or heavy and expensive application equipment
- Easy maintenance
Surfaces must be dry, clean, free of dirt, grease and other surface contamination including previous coatings. Owatrol Oleofloor Natural can only be applied to bare wood surfaces or wood surfaces previously finished with Owatrol Oleofloor Natural or other wood flooring oils. ALL other finishes MUST be completely and thoroughly removed.
Always clean meticulously with a vacuum cleaner after each sanding, including any dust traps (skirting, radiators, pipes, window sills, etc). Sand floor back to bare wood using appropriate system and abrasive grades, depending on condition of surface and wood species. Cracks of 2 mm wide or less should be filled with Owatrol Lianfloor and sanding resumed with 80 or 100 grit paper depending on the last grit used. Finish with finishing grade up to grit No. 120 or 150 depending on the wood species and thickness of wear layer.
New Wood Surfaces:
Degrease surface with denatured alcohol, acetone or similar solvent based product. Sand surface as instructed in “General Directions” above.
Previously Painted Surfaces (Oiled and In Good Condition):
Clean floor meticulously with Owatrol Spacenett. Repeat procedure if required. Sand floor with a fine grade abrasive (grit No 150 to 200). Clean meticulously with a vacuum cleaner.
Previously Treated Surfaces (Oiled and in Poor Condition or Polished):
Previously oiled or polished surfaces should be dry stripped with Owatrol CDKP 90. If, after stripping with Owatrol CDKP 90, the surface is in good condition and does not require sanding, neutralise with denatured alcohol, acetone, white (mineral) spirit or similar solvent based product before applying finish. If sanding is required, proceed as instructed in ”General Directions“.
Previously treated surfaces (paint, stain, varnish...):
Remove existing finish by sanding or stripping with Owatrol CDKP 90. If, after stripping with Owatrol CDKP 90, the surface is in good condition and does not require sanding, neutralise with denatured alcohol, acetone, white (mineral) spirit or similar solvent based product before applying finish. If sanding is required after stripping with Owatrol CDKP 90 or removal of finish is done by sanding, proceed as instructed in ”General Directions“.
Apply 1 or 2 coats of Owatrol Oleofloor Natural depending on type of wood and foot traffic. Facing the light and starting opposite the door so as to work towards it, apply a first even and generous coat of Owatrol Oleofloor Natural. Start at the edge then do the entire surface, working in areas of 2 m by 2 m. Allow to dry for 4 hours depending on the ambient conditions. Apply 2nd coat if required. Do not leave more than 12 hours between application of the 1st and 2nd coat. Always maintain a wet edge to avoid overlaps.
Surface and Environment
Owatrol Oleofloor Natural offers excellent application characteristics for use in a variety of internal environments, with fantastic resistance to abrasion and impact. Bedrooms, Lounges, Dining Rooms, Corridors and Stairs are among the best places in which to apply Owatrol Oleofloor Natural.
- Owatrol Oleofloor Natural is a matt oil, based on modified polyurethane resins.
- Ideal on bare wood or previously oiled surfaces.
- Heavy traffic formula.
- Pleasant odour.
- Oleofloor Natural enhances the natural beauty of the wood.
- Easy to apply. Fast drying.
- Excellent penetration. Nourishes the wood.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion and chemicals, including ammonia based products. Water repellent.
- Does not require buffing or heavy and expensive application equipment. Only first coat of OLEOFLOOR NATURAL can be tinted with a universal colourant (max. 3%). Always try a sample first.
- Easy maintenance.
- Owatrol Oleofloor Natural protecting and enhancing all interior wood work (floors, stairs, panelling, ETC).
- Ideal solution where the quick turn round of a room is needed.
- Ideal for Normal traffic : bedrooms, lounges, bathrooms...
- Heavy traffic : corridors, stairs, dining rooms, kitchen...
- Ideal for previously oiled surfaces
Where to use
- Can be used on all soft and hardwoods including exotic hardwoods.
- All wooden floors, new and old including parquet flooring, veneered flooring and staircases.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.