Owl Roof Lava20 is a single component polyurethane waterproofing system that can be applied in temperatures down to 0°C. Rain resistant within 30 minutes.
Owl Roof Lava20 is a rapid curing, single component polyurethane liquid waterproofing membrane. Lava 20 cured to provide a UV colour stable, defect free waterproof membrane with excellent mechanical and elastomeric properties. Can be applied in one coat.
Lava20 can be applied to many different roofing substrates and is ideal for winter application as it will cure down to 0°C. This roofing system eliminated the drawbacks of multi-layer waterproofing systems and reduces labour cost.
Suitable for the waterproofing and protection of flat roofs, pitched roofs, gypsum and cement boards, polyurethane insulation foams, verandas and balconies with light foot traffic, lightweight metal roofing, lightweight fibrous cement roofing, felt or asphalt membranes, TPO and EPDM membranes, concrete, timber, slate, GRP, podium decks and planting boxes.
- 10 year life expectancy in a single coat
- Cures in 2 hours at 20°C
- Bubble and defect free membrane
- Reinforcement layers not required
- Excellent weather and UV resistance
- Rain resistant within 30 minutes at 20°C
- Excellent thermal resistance - product does not go 'soft' in heat
- Cold resistant - product remains flexible down to -40°C
- Excellent mechanical properties - High tensile strength, tear strength and high abrasion resistance
Not recommended for unsound or structurally deteriorated substrates.
All substrates must be primed with Owl Roof Lava Prime 20 prior to application of the Lava 20 waterproofing system.
- For a 10 year life expectancy, apply in a single coat at a minimum of 1.8 Kg per m2 by brush or squeegee
- For a 20 year life expectancy, apply in 2 coats of 1.5 Kg per m2 each by brush or squeegee
- BBA Approved
- Viscosity: 3500 - 5500 cP
- Specific Weight: 1.3 - 1.4 gr/cm3
- Flash Point: 42°C
- Tack Free: 2 - 3 hours at 25°C
- Overcoatable: Between 6 hours and 48 hours at 25°C
- Clean tools and equipment immediately after use with paper towels and then use Owl Roof PU Solvent
- Shelf Life: Minimum 12 months in the original unopened containers. Once opened use contents of the container asap.
- Available in 6, 15 and 25 Kg
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.