SigmaCover 280 is a two component, polyamide cured, epoxy primer that can be used as a general purpose epoxy primer, ideal for use on steel and non ferrous metals. Replaces Amercoat 185 HS.
SigmaCover 280 works excellently well at providing good adhesion to steel, galvanised steel and non ferrous metals ready to be overcoated with most alkyd, chlorinated rubber, vinyl, epoxy and two component polyurethane coatings. Because of its excellent adhesion 280 has fantastic recoating properties that provide surfaces with the perfect protection.
- Universal epoxy primer system suitable for ballast tanks, decks, topside, superstructure, hull and cargo oil tanks
- General purpose epoxy primer in protective coating systems for steel and non ferrous metals
- Good adhesion to steel and galvanised steel
- Good adhesion to non ferrous metals
- Good flow and wetting properties
- Good water and corrosion resistance
- Cure at temperatures down to 5C
- Suitable for the touching up of weld seams and damages of epoxy coatings during construction
- Excellent recoatability
- Can be overcoated with most alkyd, chlorinated rubber, vinyl, epoxy and two component polyurethane coatings
- Suitable on wet blast cleaned substrates (damp or dry)
- Compatible with well designed cathodic protection systems
SigmaCover 280 can be applied using airless spray, long haired brush or roller with rounder edges and has an ultra fast drying time of just 1 hour. SigmaCover 280 is part of the ISO 12944-6 System For Steel C4 High system. Please refer to data sheets or systems for suitable coverage requirements, or contact our technical team on 01462 421333.
- LuL APR No. 1147 - N9 & N9 (XN90) Coating System for New Works for application to bridges and structures to provide a minimum expected service life of 25 years. This paint system consists of an epoxy primer (SigmaCover 280) followed by either a polyurethane gloss (SigmaDur 550) or an epoxy acrylic gloss (SigmaDur 540) topcoat finish.
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C4 High at 75 microns DFT
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - Im 1 and Im 2 High at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N1 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Network Rail System N4 (XN90) at 100 microns DFT
- Network Rail System M20 (XM92) at 50 microns DFT
- Two component polyamide cured epoxy primer.
- General purpose epoxy primer in protective coating systems for steel and non ferrous metals.
- Finish: Eggshell
- Theoretical Coverage: 11.4m2 per litre for 50 microns
- Dry to touch in 1.5 hours
- Full cure in 7 days
- Good adhesion to steel and galvanised steel.
- Good adhesion to non ferrous metals.
- Good flow and wetting properties.
- Good water and corrosion resistance.
- Cures at temperatures down to +5°C
- Available in 4 and 20 Litres