SigmaCover 280 (Amercoat 71TC) is a two component, polyamide cured, epoxy primer that can be used as a general purpose epoxy primer, ideal for use on steel and non ferrous metals. Replaces Amercoat 185 HS.
SigmaCover 280 (Amercoat 71TC) works excellently well at providing good adhesion to steel, galvanised steel and non ferrous metals ready to be overcoated with most alkyd, chlorinated rubber, vinyl, epoxy and two component polyurethane coatings. Because of its excellent adhesion 280 has fantastic recoating properties that provide surfaces with the perfect protection.
SigmaCover 280 can be applied using airless spray, long haired brush or roller with rounder edges and has an ultra fast drying time of just 1 hour. SigmaCover 280 is part of the ISO 12944-6 System For Steel C4 High system.
- SigmaCover 280. (Amercoat 71TC).
- Two component polyamide cured epoxy primer.
- General purpose epoxy primer in protective coating systems for steel and non ferrous metals.
- Good adhesion to steel and galvanised steel.
- Good adhesion to non ferrous metals.
- Good flow and wetting properties.
- Good water and corrosion resistance.
- Cures at temperatures down to +5°C