Rustoleum 5500 High Build Solvent Free Epoxy is glaze offering a smooth tile like finish, excellent protection against animal fat, water, brine and other harsh liquids found in foods etc.
Rustoleum 5500 High Build Solvent Free Epoxy is a Wall and Ceiling Paint which is also ideal for use in the swimming pool environment. When applied 5500 High Build Solvent Free Epoxy it produces a smooth tile like finish which withstands daily cleaning and scrubbing. The American NSF is known in the market for certification of products for the food industry. It is the European equivalent. They have now certified Rustoleum 5500 coating for use in the food industry.
By applying two coats of 5500 High Build Solvent Free Epoxy you are provided with the ultimate protection from many food products, chemicals, chemical cleaning or general humid and moisture conditions. This smooth tile like finish offers excellent protection against animal fat, water, brine and other harsh liquids found in foods and plants and is very easy to clean.
Rustoleum 5500 High Build Solvent Free Epoxy is primarily intended for for roller application and may also be applied by brush for small areas or for touching up. Make sure all surfaces are clean, dry and free from contamination before application. After application and drying, the coated surfaces you are produced with becomes as hard and dense as the ceramic tiles.
5500 High Build Solvent Free Epoxy is a heavy duty paint suitable for use on concrete, masonry, ceramic tiles and blasted steel. This Paint offers excellent protection against chemical products and excellent resistance to immersion in water, which makes it ideal for use in swimming pools areas that are exposed to chemicals and moisture on a daily basis.
- Produces a smooth tile-like finish which withstands daily cleaning and scrubbing
- After application the coated surface becomes as hard and dense as ceramic tiles
- This heavy-duty paint is suitable for floors, walls and work surfaces
- Easy clean, solvent-free (100% solids), high build epoxy paint for walls and floors in the toughest of areas. The excellent resistance to immersion and harmless character makes 5500 ideal for use inside tanks
- Suitable for use on concrete, masonry, ceramic tiles and blasted steel
- The smooth tile like finish offers excellent protection against animal fat, water, brine and other harsh liquids found in foods and plants and is very easy to clean
- Dry Food Certification, it is also approved for being in direct contact with food products
- Classified Class 1 Fire Spread of Flame according to BS476; part 7:1978. and also offers a very hard wearing and chemical resistant finish
|Type:||High build, solvent-free epoxy floor paint|
|Stock Colours:||Light Blue, RAL 1015, RAL 8015, RAL 7001 and RAL 9010|
|Tintable:||Yes, Mimimum Order Quantity 200 Litres. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangable.|
|VOC Content:||0.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For application on concrete and masonry and can also be used on blasted steel|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||6.7 m2 per litre|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||150 microns|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||150 microns|
|Pot Life:||1 hour at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||24 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 24 but before 72 hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||10 days at 20°C, 14 days for immersion|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Rustoleum Thinner 160|
|Shelf Life:||5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C|
|Packaging:||Available in 4 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.