Keim Royalan is a mineral silicate based paint that is able to withstand harsh climatic conditions such as hot, humid tropical conditions to harsh cold environments. Available in a range of colours, please call.
Keim Royalan is a mineral silicate based paint system that has been developed to be able to withstand harsh climatic conditions, ranging from hot, humid and tropical conditions to harsh cold environments. Keim Royalan is designed to be well suited for use in exposed locations and those subject to continual pollutants and contaminants. Keim Royalan is available in a range of colours which are available upon request.
The crystalline nature of Keim Royalan will allow vapour to pass freely through the coating from the substrate and at the same time will protect against the ingress of moisture. Keim Royalan is ideal for coating ceramic and hard substrates such as tiles and brickwork.
Keim Royalan can be applied with a brush or roller to mineral substrates as well as ceramic and hard substrates such as tiles and brickwork. The potassium silicate mineral binder react chemically with the substrate which therefore creates a strong and permanent bond between the paint and underlying substrate. Theoretical coverage 0.2 kg per m2 per coat, always apply two coats
Surface and Environment
Keim Royalan is ideal for use in severe and coastal UK weather and can be applied to substrates such as coating ceramic, tiles and brickwork as well as mineral substrates. Keim Royalan offers a thermal expansion coefficient comparable with mineral substrates which therefore results in a reduced tendency to form cracks.
- Ideal for severe and coastal UK weather
- Keim Royalan is suited for use in exposed locations and those subject to continual pollutants and contaminants
- The crystalline nature of Keim Royalan allows vapour to pass freely through the coating from the substrate whilst at the same time protecting against the ingress of moisture, giving up to 96% breathability after coating, eliminating blistering, cracking or peeling associated with conventional paints
- Manufactured from waterglass (potassium silicate) and natural earth oxides, and is inherently compatible with mineral substrates
- Advanced formulation also making it ideal for coating ceramic and hard substrates such as tiles andbrickwork
- The potassium silicate mineral binder reacts chemically with the substrate creating a strong, permanent bond between the paint and the underlying substrate
- It offers a thermal expansion coefficient comparable with mineral substrates resulting in a reduced tendency to form cracks
|Tintable:||Yes. In accordance the KEIM Exclusiv Palette. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|Suitable Substrates:||All mineral, absorbent surfaces. Suitable for highly exposed surfaces, glass, ceramics and glazed surfaces|
|Application Method:||Brush or Roller|
|Application Conditions:||Ambient and substrate temperature above 5°C and below 30°C|
|Waiting Time:||Minimum period of 12 hours between coats|
|Theoretical Coverage:||Theoretical coverage 0.2 kg per m2 per coat, always apply two coats|
|Theoretical Coverage 5kg:||5kg covers up to 25m2 per coat on a smooth surface|
|Theoretical Coverage 25Kg:||25kg covers up to 125m2 per coat on a smooth surface|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||First coat to be diluted with Keim Royalan Dilution. Clean tools with water immediately after use|
|Shelf Life:||Approx. 12 months, if kept cool but frost free in tightly closed containers|
|Packaging:||Available in 5 kg and 25 kg containers|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.