This is now a licensed product. Please call 01462 421333 to discuss with our Technical Team regards licencing and requirements via Sika.
Sikalastic 625 (Soladex PU) is an elastomeric, high build coating based on Hypalon, ideally suited for the treatment of profiled metal roofs and Plastisol cladding
Soladex has been renamed Sikalastic 625. (Asbestolok®, which incorporates Sikalastic®-625) Once installed, the system enables the asbestos to be left undisturbed and will provide protection from all of the associated dangers. It is an elastomeric, high build coating based on Hypalon from DuPont. Ideally suited for the treatment of profiled metal roofs and cladding (plastisol), it cures to form a tough, UV stable membrane which combines exceptional weather proof and anti-corrosive properties. It is also well suited for roofing applications which have to be undertaken in poor weather. It cures extremely rapidly, exhibits excellent resistance to rain damage very shortly after application and therefore minimises the risks of weather-dependent site delays. In addition, Soladex is unaffected by ponded water, it is highly resistant to attack by aggressive atmospheric chemicals and may be used on gutters and other areas liable to permanent ponding. Soladex may also be used for coating in-situ pre-formed Hypalon sheets.
Sikalastic 625 (Liquid Plastics Soladex) is ideally suited for the treatment of metal profiled roofs and cladding. It offers excellent resistance to rain damage at a very early stage of curing and resists water penetration even when immersed beneath ponding water. Sikalastic 625 is extremely good in situations where a protective weathering armour is needed.
Sikalastic 625 (Soladex) should be applied using a paint brush or paint roller. Apply the appropriate primer and leave to dry. Stir the Sikalastic 625 thoroughly and apply the first coat, preferably in one direction only. When this coat is dry, check it for potential pinholes and apply more Sikalastic 625to the affected areas. Allow to cure, check again and if the first coat is free from pinholes apply the second coat at right angles to the first.
Surface and Environment
You will see Sikalastic 625 (Soladex) working at its best when exposed to harsh elements. With excellent resistance to rain and UV light, Sikalastic 625 (Soladex) offers you a protective coating that is perfectly suited for use on metal profiled roofs and Plastisol cladding.
- Elastomeric, weather proof roof coating
- Based on Hypalon from DuPont
- Ideally suited for the treatment of Plastisol metal profiled roofs
- Unaffected by ponded water
- Excellent resistance to rain damage at a very early stage of curing
- Resists water penetration even when immersed beneath ponding water
- For coverage of Sikalastic 625 see data sheet
- High chemical resistance to acids and alkalis
- TB 6/SLX Salt spray - BS.3900 Part F4 - 5000 hours
- TB 172/SLX Sikalastic 625 over Epoxy Metal Primer; no effect
- Prohesion - ASTM G85-94 - 5000 hours
- Sikalastic 625 over Sika LPL Aqueous Metal Primer; no effect
- Accelerated weathering BS.3900 Part F3 - 5000 hours no defects; slight chalking
- Applied by paint brush or paint roller
- Guaranteed for 10 years
- Size: 15 litres.