Mapei Mapelastic Foundation is a two-component membrane based on cementitious binders, fine-grained selected inert materials, special additives and synthetic polymers in water dispersion.
Mapei Mapelastic Foundation is recommended for foundation walls, car-parks and underground environments, basins, channels and swimming pools. Also suitable for waterproofing concrete and masonry structures subject to positive or negative hydrostatic pressure.
Mapelastic Foundation is completely waterproof against positive pressure, and is waterproof against negative pressure of up to 1.5 atm (15 m column of water). Once cured, it is resistant to soluble salts which are present in sea water or in the ground, such as chlorides and sulphates. Mapelastic Foundation also has excellent bonding strength on all cementitious substrates if they have been suitably prepared. All these properties keep structures protected and waterproofed with Mapelastic Foundation perfectly dry over the years.
Mapelastic Foundation fulfils all the main criteria for the EN 1504-9 Standards ("Products and systems for the protection and repair of concrete structures definitions, requirements, quality control and conformity assessment. General principles for the use of products and systems") and the requirements for EN 1504-2 Standards according to PI-MC-IR principles ("Protection systems for concrete surfaces").
Some application examples
- Waterproofing concrete retaining walls
- Waterproofing underground car-parks, cellars, sunken swimming pools and basins and lift pits
- Used against the counter-pressure of water
- Waterproofing breeze-block walls pre-treated with a suitable MAPEI mortar
- Consumption when applied by roller 1.65 kg per m2 per at a thickness of 2mm
- Application by spray consumption is 2.2 kg per m2 per at a thickness of 2mm
- Available in 32 kg kits component A 22 kg bags, component B 10 kg bottle
- Barcode 8022452050077.