Osmo Polyx® Oil Express is the fastest ever drying wooden flooring protector from Osmo. Dries within 1-2 hours when used with Osmo Hardener 6632 or 3-4 hours without.
The wood's true beauty is accomplished by using Polyx®-Oil Express from Osmo. The emphasis on the wood's grain and natural characteristics provides a warm and rich effect to ensure that any interior looks luxurious and elegant.
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Express is suitable for protecting all wooden flooring, such as solid wood and plankwood flooring, blockstrip, OSB and cork floors, as well asfurniture. In connection with the hardener 6632 also suitable for the clear treatment of extractive-rich hardwoods, such as Meranti, Wengé, Merbau etc.
- 3 to 4 Hours Drying Time When Used Alone
- 1 to 2 Hours Drying Time When Used With Osmo Hardener 6632
- Enhances Wood's Natural Character
- Extremely Durable and Hardwearing
- Extremely Water and Dirt Resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva Resistant and Sweat Proof - Suitable For Children's Toys
- Microporous, Breathable Finish Which Does Not Crack, Peel or Flake
- No Sanding Necessary For Spot Repairs or Future Applications
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%). Osmo Polyx® Oil Express is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. Apply thinly along the wood grain with Osmo Microfibre Roller or Osmo Floor Brush and spread well within 10 minutes. Avoid excess product. Leave to dry for approx. 2-3 hours with good ventilation. After drying, carry out second coat as stated above. When renovating or recoating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- For exotic wood species use Osmo Polyx® Oil 2K Pure
- Over application and/or low ventilation can also increase the drying times.
- Recommended application amount is 35ml per m2
- Application of second coat can be done as soon as the first coat has dried. However, it is important to wait approx. 24hrs when applying colour for the first coat, before applying Osmo Polyx® Oil Original as the clear top coat
- If you prefer the look of untreated wood or to retain the light character of the wood please use Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3044 Raw
- A base coat of Osmo Wood Protector is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens.
- For Interior Wood Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Cleaner: Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Theoretical Coverage: 24 m2 per litre with one coat
- Application requires 2 coats
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
- During Time: 2-3 hours at 23°C
- Curing Time: 2-3 weeks to complete hardening
- Available in 3332 Clear Satin and 3362 Clear Matt
- Available in 750ml, 2.5 and 10 Litres