This product is now unavailable. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Sika Everbuild Aquaseal Liquid Roof is a one component All Weather moisture curing roofing paint that waterproofs any flat or pitched roof in just 10 minutes.
Aquaseal Liquid Roof is a moisture curing product that uses atmospheric moisture to trigger the curing process, which means that no catalyst is required and it is fast curing. Please note this product is a high solvent product and will give off a strong odour during and after application.
Aquaseal Liquid Roof is a 2 coat application and is fully rain resistant within 10 minutes of application and the product will still cure if there is a pool of water on top of it.
Sika Everbuild Aquaseal Liquid Roof is an easy to use, all weather roofing system ideal for waterproofing any flat or pitched roofs. Creating a solid waterproof membrane covering the entire surface area without any seams, Liquid Roof is a polyurethane based, cold applied, ready to use product ideal for use on roof areas for new projects, extensions or to refurbish an existing, leaky roof with excellent adhesion to both porous and non-porous substrates.
Aquaseal should be applied at a thickness of 1mm per coat and a minimum of 2 coats should be applied meaning that a 7Kg tin of Aquaseal will theoretically cover between 3,5 and 5 m2 on an average flat roof.
It is recommended that fibreglass is used around details such as soil stacks and roof lights, also a strip of fibreglass 100mm wide should be used to bridge any joints in the roof deck.
Aquaseal can be applied to bricks, blocks and mortar joints that are sound and preferably flush pointed. For slates, tiles, etc. ensure all slates/tiles are sound and securely fastened, replacing obviously broken or missing sections. Asphalt contains volatiles which can cause bleeding and slight non-detrimental staining. The asphalt must be carefully assessed for moisture and/or air entrapment, grade and surface finish prior to any coating works being carried out.
When applying to Bituminous felt ensure that bituminous felt is firmly adhered or mechanically fixed to the substrate. Bituminous felt should not contain any badly degraded areas. Single ply membranes must be correctly laid and securely fixed/adhered. Badly cracked or brittle membranes should be removed. Application of Aquaseal onto bituminous coatings should not have sticky or mobile surfaces, volatile mastic coatings, or old coal tar coatings. Metals must be in sound condition and rust free before application.
- Sika Everbuild Aquaseal Liquid Roof is an easy to use
- PU Waterproofing Liquid Membrane for flat and pitched roofs
- For new roofs and the refurbishment of old
- Fast curing
- Specific Gravity @ 20° C. 1.42 kg per litre
- Solid content 80% by weight
- Tensile strength (EN ISO 527-3) 4.5 N/mm2 unreinforced - 8 N/mm2 reinforced
- Ambient conditions minimum time between coats:
- +5 degrees C. / 50% r.h. allow overnight curing
- +10 degrees C. / 50% r.h.12 hours
- +20 degrees C. / 50% r.h. 6 hours
- +30 degrees C. / 50% r.h. 4 hours
- If time between coats is longer than 4 days, clean surface and apply reactivation primer before applying second coat
- Rain resistant in 10 minutes
- Moisture curing technology
- No catalyst required
- Ready to use
- Apply by brush or roller
- Cleaning clean all tools and equipment with xylene immediately after use.
- Hardened/cured material can only be removed mechanically.
- Wash hands and skin with soapy water, or use Everbuild Wonder Wipes.
- Coverage 0.7 - 2 Litre per m2
- A 7Kg tin of Aquaseal will theoretically cover between 3,5 and 5 m2 on an average flat roof
- Available in 7 Kg.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.