Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. We do however have a short supply of stock left at our warehouse. Please contact our sales team for updated stock quantities.
As a replacement for Rail Approval, please see PPG's Nexa Autocolor range of products. Contact us for further information.
Scotchkote WB Epoxy Primer EA9 WB is used throughout the Rail Industry and Original Equipment Manufacture, Section 12 RT98 approved.
Scotchkote WB Epoxy Primer EA9 WB is a 2 pack, water based primer, designed for use with all Scotchkote Paint Systems, offering great application characteristics combined with corrosion and chemical protection, that ensures proven long term resistance in tough, heavy duty environments.
Scotchkote WB Epoxy Primer EA9 WB is widely used throughout the Rail Industry and increasingly in Original Equipment Manufacture involving other forms of passenger transportation, heavy engineering fabrication and civil engineering work especially for underground and confined locations.
Scotchkote WB Epoxy Primer EA9 WB can be applied using brush, roller or spray and is part of the fantastic range of Scotchkote coatings that can be overcoated with Scotchkote EW Epoxy EA9 WB or any other Scotchkote Waterborne finish. EA9 WB Primer has a fast drying time of just 1 hour to minimise downtime in workplace environments and offers a theoretical coverage rate of 7-8m2 per litre, per coating.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote WB Epoxy Primer EA9 WB has been specially designed for use on ferrous and non-ferrous metals found in an industrial environment to offer a long term solution against corrosion and mechanical abrasion.
- Mixing ratio 9:1 by volume
- This primer can be overcoated with either Scotchkote WB Epoxy Coating EA9WB or by one of a number of Scotchkote waterborne finishes
- Touch Dry 1 hour
- Gloss Level: 5 - 15%
- Theoretical coverage 7.5 m2 per litre at 60 microns dft.
- As the basis of a multi coat system, the primer can be overcoated with either Scotchkote WB Epoxy Coating EA9WB or by one of a number of Scotchkote waterborne finishes
- Available in 5 and 20 litres
- Please call for information.