Teknos Ferrex Aqua is a water-borne anti corrosive pigmented and corrosion inhibiting anti corrosive paint and adhesion primer. This has been classified to Group M1 in Emission Classification of building materials.
Teknos Ferrex Aqua is used as an anti corrosive paint and adhesion primer for iron and steel surfaces as well as aluminium both outdoors and indoors. The adhesion of Ferrex Aqua on zinc-coated (galvanized) surfaces as well as on prefabrication primers is also excellent. Ideal for metal gates, railings and more.
Ferrex Aqua can be overcoated with nearly all Teknos water- and solvent-borne paints for sheet-iron roofs, furniture and houses. It has moderate weather resistance and it can also be left without a top coat.
Surfaces to be painted are cleaned from dirt, grease, oil and other impurities. Teknos Rensa Steel washing agent, solvent wiping etc. is used for cleaning. Rust and corrosion are removed from the surfaces using scraping, wire-brushing, sanding, blast-cleaning or other suitable method. Old, glossy surfaces are roughened using sanding, blast-cleaning or other suitable method. Loose and poorly adherent old paint or coating is removed. Aluminium surfaces are roughened using sanding, blast-cleaning or other suitable method.
Before use stir the paint thoroughly and apply by brush or spray. The recommended nozzle size for airless spray is 0.011 - 0.015''.
- The product has been classified to Group M1 in Emission Classification of building materials.
- Marine Equipment Approval (Module B) (2014/90/EU) number VTT-C-11855-15-16 for coating system Teknos Ferrex Aqua Primer + Teknos Futura Aqua 20, 40 or 80 top coat.
Suitable Top Coats
- Water-borne outdoor paints, e.g. Teknos Kirjo Aqua paint for sheet-iron roofs, Teknos Nordica Eko house paint, VISA opaque wood stain, Teknos Siloksan Facade silicone emulsion paint,
- Teknos Siloksan Anti-Carbonation protective paint.
- Solvent-borne outdoor paints, e.g. Teknos Wintol oil paint.
- Furniture paints: paints from Teknos Futura Aqua and Futura series.
- Water-borne interior paints, e.g. paints from Teknos Ekora, Teknospro and Timantti series and Teknofloor Aqua floor paint.
- Solvent-borne interior paints, e.g. Teknofloor floor paint.
|Stock Colours:||Grey (T1380) and White (T1326)|
|VOC Content:||max. 140 g/l|
|Suitable Substrates:||Iron, Steel and Aluminium|
|Application Method:||Brush or Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||10 m²/l|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||100 μm|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||40 μm|
|Touch Dry:||3 hours at 23°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 16 hours at 23°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Water|
|Storage:||Must no freeze|
|Packaging:||Available in 3 Litres and 10 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.