PPG SigmaGuard CSF 650 is a two component, solvent free, amine cured, epoxy coating designed for the coating of tanks that contain oil/ballast and aliphatic petroleum products.
SigmaGuard CSF 650 is also suitable for use as a coating system on tanks that store and transport drinking water.
PPG SigmaGuard CSF 650 is designed to offer chemical and corrosion resistance to a variety of different steel structures, ships and storage tanks that need the highest quality of protection. SigmaGuard CSF 650 is a suitable coating for any of these things and works to reduce the potential of explosions and fires. This product is brought to you in light colours to improve visibility in low-vis environments. Resistant to kerosene and jet fuel.
PPG SigmaGuard CSF 650 can be applied using single feed airless spray equipment, and has a theoretical coverage rate of 3.3m2 per litre when applied using this method. SigmaGuard CSF 650 may also be applied using brush for touch ups and line markings. Once applied, the product will be touch dry after 8 hours ready for a second coating after a 24 hour period has elapsed.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaGuard CSF 650 can be used on all structural steel surfaces and has been primarily designed for use on storage tanks where a chemical and corrosive resistant product is required. Once applied to the surface you will be left with a glossy coating in either green, off white or clear, for surfaces that you don't wish to change the appearance of.
- Two component solvent free amine cured epoxy coating.
- Tank coating for crude oil/ballast and aliphatic petroleum products.
- Also suitable as coating system for storage and transport of drinking water.
- Good resistance to various chemicals.
- One coat protection for steel structures, ships and storage tanks with excellent corrosion resistance.
- Can be applied by heavy duty single feed airless spray equipment (60:1).
- Reduced explosion risk and fire hazard.
- Good visibility due to light colour.
- Also a conductive version is available, see sheet 7753.
- Can be reinforced with chopped glass fibre or mat.
- Clear version for glass mat reinforced solvent free tank bottom system (see system sheet 4144).
- Meets the requirements of Mil-C-4556E concerning resistance against aircraft fuel and fuel degradation.
- Theoretical Coverage: 3.3 m2 per litre
- Available in 20 Litres