PPG SigmaGuard CSF 650 is a two component, solvent free, amine cured, epoxy coating designed for the coating of tanks that contain oil/ballast and aliphatic petroleum products.
SigmaGuard CSF 650 is also suitable for use as a coating system on tanks that store and transport drinking water.
PPG SigmaGuard CSF 650 is designed to offer chemical and corrosion resistance to a variety of different steel structures, ships and storage tanks that need the highest quality of protection. SigmaGuard CSF 650 is a suitable coating for any of these things and works to reduce the potential of explosions and fires. This product is brought to you in light colours to improve visibility in low-vis environments. Resistant to kerosene and jet fuel.
PPG SigmaGuard CSF 650 can be applied using single feed airless spray equipment, and has a theoretical coverage rate of 3.3m2 per litre when applied using this method. SigmaGuard CSF 650 may also be applied using brush for touch ups and line markings. Once applied, the product will be touch dry after 8 hours ready for a second coating after a 24 hour period has elapsed.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaGuard CSF 650 can be used on all structural steel surfaces and has been primarily designed for use on storage tanks where a chemical and corrosive resistant product is required. Once applied to the surface you will be left with a glossy coating in either green, off white or clear, for surfaces that you don't wish to change the appearance of.
- Two component solvent free amine cured epoxy coating.
- Tank coating for crude oil/ballast and aliphatic petroleum products.
- Also suitable as coating system for storage and transport of drinking water.
- Good resistance to various chemicals.
- One coat protection for steel structures, ships and storage tanks with excellent corrosion resistance.
- Can be applied by heavy duty single feed airless spray equipment (60:1).
- Reduced explosion risk and fire hazard.
- Good visibility due to light colour.
- Also a conductive version is available, see sheet 7753.
- Can be reinforced with chopped glass fibre or mat.
- Clear version for glass mat reinforced solvent free tank bottom system (see system sheet 4144).
- Meets the requirements of Mil-C-4556E concerning resistance against aircraft fuel and fuel degradation.
|Stock Colours:||Green, Off-white and Clear|
|VOC Content:||143.0 g/l|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Airless Spray or Air Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||3.3 m2 per litre|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||300 - 600 microns (12.0 - 24.0 mils) depending on system|
|Pot Life:||1 hour at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||8 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After minimum 24 hours, maximum 20 days at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||5 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Thinner 90-53 or Thinner 90-83|
|Shelf Life:||At least 24 months when stored cool and dry|
|Packaging:||Available in 4 Litres and 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.