Sherwin Williams Macropoxy M922 is a high solids, 2 pack epoxy containing micronised glass flake and anti corrosive pigments suitable for use on blast cleaned and cathodically protected steel.
Macropoxy M922 possesses excellent abrasion resistance and has excellent resistance to immersion in sea water and a range of chemicals also compatible with cathodic protection. Aluminium Macropoxy M922M mastic version available for high build brushing maintenance specifications.
Primers are optional - if your individual project requires a primer see either Macropoxy 111 or Macropoxy L574. M922 can be applied directly onto steel. Apply using airless spray or brush. Macropoxy M922 is indefinately self overcoatable provided the coating has been suitably cleaned. Where atmospheric exposure is required overcoat with Acrolon C137V2, Acrolon C237, Acrolon 1850 and Acrolon 7300 within 7 days at a minimum d.f.t. of 50 microns or in the case of Acrolon C750V2 overcoat within 4 days. Recommended Cleanser / Thinner No9.
- Approved to Def Stan 80-97 Treatment of Fuel Tanks
- Highways Agency Item No. 123
- Network Rail Item No. 7.2.3
- Approved for carriage of grain
- Complies with NORSOK M501 Rev. 5 System 7
- LuL APR No. 283 - N2/M21 Paint System for New and Maintenance Steel for application to bridges and structures to provide corrosion protection for a 25 Year service life.. Epigrip C123 can be substituted for Epigrip M922 as a potentially more cost effective product.
- Apply using airless spray or brush
- Recommended Cleanser / Thinner No9
- Dry Film Thickness: 400 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 2.1m2 per litre
- Average Drying Time: To touch 6 hours at 15°C, 4 hours at 15°C to recoat
- Pot Life: 1 1/2 hours at 15°C
- Available in a limited colour range
- Dark Grey similiar to RAL 7011, Light Grey similiar to BSC627
- Available in 4 and 20 Litres