Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. See Tensid LFP Line Marking Paint as a potential alternative for London Underground approved line marking.
Scotchkote Liquid Line Marking LXF 897 (formerly Thortex Floor-Tech LXF 897) traffic line marking paint is a fast-drying paint for concrete surfaces.
Scotchkote Liquid Line Marking LXF 897 line marking paint is a two component, which, despite being a water based product, is a fast-drying coating used for line-marking concrete surfaces. Due to its fast drying nature, Scotchkote Liquid Line Marking LXF 897 is the perfect solution to providing the minimum disruption to transport industry and other deadline focussed industries.
Scotchkote Liquid Line Marking LXF 897 is best used in industries where maintenance applications are as important as keeping stoppages to a minimum.
Scotchkote Liquid Line Marking LXF 897 line (formerly Thortex Floor-Tech LXF 897) marking paint is designed for application by brush or roller and has a touch-dry time of around 45 - 60 minutes. It can be applied to metals, if used in combination with Scotchkote Urethane Sealer 165CS.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote Liquid Line Marking LXF 897 paint is ideal for use on concrete surfaces and in environments where services must be resumed as soon as possible, such as train station platforms. It can also be applied to metal surfaces when used in conjunction with Scotchkote Urethane Sealer CS.
- LuL APR Reg No.145 - Complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials'. LXF 897 is a two part, resin product which has a cure time of less than 1 hour, enabling installation in engineering hours. Aggregate is scattered onto wet paint prior to cure, to provide an anti-slip finish.
- Formerly Thortex Floor-Tech LXF 897
- Suitable for return to service in 1 hour 30 minutes
- 100% volume solids
- Adhesion: Excellent to correctly prepared surfaces
- Chemical Resistance: Unaffected by floor cleaning chemicals
- Abrasion Resistance: High order of resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage
- Designed for application by brush or roller
- Also suitable for use on asphalt floor surfaces in combination with Scotchkote Primer FB856
- Can be used on metal surfaces in combination with Scotchkote Urethane Sealer 165CS
- Excellent adhesion to correctly prepared surfaces
- Coverage Rate 5 square metres per litre
- Touch dry in 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Available in 1.5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.