Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Scotchkote Thortex Poly-Tech EC 661 is a seamless rubber paint for use on flat, inverted, green, or sloping roofs, to provide a protective finish with up to 25 year warranty
Scotchkote Thortex Poly-Tech EC 661 is a high quality, seamless rubber paint coating designed for use on flat, inverted, green, or sloping roofs, to provide a protective, decorative finish with up to 25 year warranty.
Scotchkote Thortex Poly-Tech EC 661 protects a wide range of substrates including cold, warm or inverted roofs, flat, pitch, corrugated, dormer and north light. Valley gutters, flashings, upstands cappings and protrusions. It can also be used as general waterproofing over a wide range of common construction substrates and insulants. Please call the technical department for advise.
3M Scotchkote (formally Thortex Poly-Tech) EC 661 is a component of a high performance liquid roofing membrane system that can be applied using brush roller or airless spray and offers excellent flow and wetting characteristics that allow for ease of application. The EC661 is an embedment coat designed to have a fiberglass scrim embedded into it before the UV662 a UV stable topcoat is applied. Depending upon the amount of embedment coat used will determine the life expectancy of the roof coating. With a theoretical coverage rate of 1-2m2 per litre with a touch dry time of 2-3 hours, the EC 661 will offer protection against the weather within 2-3 hours.
Once dry a coat of 3M Scotchkote UV662 is applied to protect the embedment coat from harmful UV sun rays as well as damaging airborne chemicals. The complete Scotchkote system is able to provide a waterproof roof solution with a life expectancy in excess of 25 years.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote Thortex Poly-Tech EC 661 is part of Promain UK Limited's extensive range of 15 to 25 year roof protection systems that can be used externally on variety of different substrates including wood, concrete and asbestos that have all been suitable primed.
- Formerly Thortex Poly-Tech EC 661
- Excellent wetting characteristics for ease of embedment
- Provides a cost effective, high build, high solids waterproof coating
- Offers superb adhesion normally without the need for priming
- 3M Poly-Tech EC 661 is an embedment coat used in conjunction with 100gm, 200gm Chopped Strand Mat, Bridging Tape and Knitted Reinforcing Systems prior to overcoating with Poly-Tech UV 662
- Offers 10, 15 and 25 year systems
- Network Rail Specification,RT98,NR/LV/CIV/039
- Used with Knitted Reinforcing matt for preliminary crack treatments, overlaps, expansion joints, edging and finishing.
- Applied using a brush, roller or airless spray.
- UV 662 is a UV protective top coat used as a final coat applied to the EC661.
- Wood, Concrete and Asbestos surfaces should be primed with Scotchkote Urethane Primer FB 856
- Available in 12.5 litres
- EC 661 is only available in Black