This product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for an alternative.
3M Scotchkote 105 Urethane Coating offers a durable, glossy finish, for use in the rail, automotive and commercial transport industries
3M Scotchkote 105 Urethane Coating, formerly Copon Polyurethane,is a 2 pack coating that has been specially developed to provide a durable, glossy finish, for use in the rail, automotive and commercial transport industries and combines excellent colour retention with great gloss retention for a high performance coating that lasts a long time even under stress.
3M Scotchkote 105 Urethane Coating is commonly used throughout the rail industry as well for civil engineering, heavy engineering and fabrication. 3M Scotchkote 105 is a top of the range product available in black, grey and white, highly suited for use in underground and confined conditions.
3M Scotchkote 105 Urethane Coating has been designed for application using a airless or conventional spray for the optimum results, but can be applied using a brush or roller too for small touch ups and tricky areas.
Surface and Environment
When applied to properly primed and prepared surfaces, 3M Scotchkote 105 Urethane Coating offers extreme abrasion and impact resistance, ideal for use in the rail industry constantly exposed to a high level of trafficking. Not only is this product highly protective to abrasion, it also works to resist aqueous solutions including oils, fats and a wide range of industrial chemicals, allowing for easy clean up.
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C3 High at 50 microns DFT
- Compliant with BS6853 1999 Code of Practice
- Section 12 and RT98 approved coating
- Formerly Copon Polyurethane
- Available in a wide range of BS4800, RAL and NCS Colours
- A 2 Pack material
- Tested for limited fire hazard performance in conjunction with 3M Scotchkote Epoxy Primer EA9
- Widely used throughout the rail industry, other forms of passenger transportation, heavy engineering, fabrication and civil engineering work especially for underground and confined locations
- Abrasion: Good resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage
- Adhesion: Excellent on correctly prepared and primed surfaces
- The fully cured coating offers excellent resistance to aqueous solutions, oils, fats and a wide range of industrial chemicals
- Temperature resistance, Dry service temperature range up to 100 Degrees C.
- Theoretical Coverage Rate: 10m2 per litre at 50 microns dft.
- Available in 5 litre units