Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Scotchkote EA4 2217 Epoxy Coating, formerly a Copon brand, Copon EA4 2217 Epoxy Coating, combines food application characteristics with excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance.
Produced in a light grey finish that is regularly used worldwide as the standard coating used for aviation fuel lines.
Scotchkote EA4 2217 Epoxy Coating has been designed for use as a standard coating for aviation fuel lines and offers outstanding corrosion resistance even when exposed to atmospheric conditions and immersed in aggressive waters. This fantastic product offers excellent chemical resistance to oil, petrol and grease and is virtually unaffected when coming into contact with any of them.
Scotchkote EA4 2217 Epoxy Coating is a solvent based product approved by BP Air for coating aviation fuel lines that can be applied using brush, roller, conventional or airless spray with a touch dry time of just 2 hours. Scotchkote Epoxy Coating EA4 2217 is recognized worldwide as one of the standard coatings for aviation fuel lines. Scotchkote Epoxy Coating EA4 2217 is approved by Air BP for coating aviation fuel lines.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote EA4 2217 Epoxy Coating has been specifically manufactured to be used as an internal lining for tanks and pipelines holding and transporting aviation fuel and other refined petroleum based products. Scotchkote EA4 2217 Epoxy Coating is ideal for use on both blast cleaned and mechanically scraped surfaces.
- Approved by Air BP for coating aviation fuel lines
- Formerly Copon EA4 2217
- Excellent adhesion on both blast cleaned and mechanically scraped surfaces
- Excellent corrosion resistance even under aggressive immersion conditions
- Virtually unaffected by crude oil, mixtures, petrochemical products and most industrial chemicals
- Suitable for use up to 100°C in dry service condition
- Pot Life: 8 hours
- Touch Dry: 2 hours at 20°C
- Hard Dry: 16 hours at 20°C
- Full Cure: 7 days at 20°C
- Available in Grey and Red Oxide