Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for a suitable alternative.
Scotchkote EG 503 Epoxy Metal Repair, formerly Thortex Metal-Tech EG, is a high performance metal compound, offering excellent mechanical strength combined with easy machining characteristics.
Scotchkote EG 503 Epoxy Metal Repair has been specially designed for repairing cracked casting and rebuilding worn shafts, bearing housings and flanges. This fantastic product is part of the innovative range of Scotchkote products, used on an industrial basis for repairing damaged goods.
Scotchkote EG 503 Epoxy Metal Repair can be applied using trowel or spatula after the surface has been cleaned appropriately and all contamination/loosely adhering deposits have been removed. If the surface is smooth, it should be abraded to create a coarse profile, so the compound can adhere appropriately. Initial set time is approximately 60 minutes at 20 degrees celsius and machines can be used again after 2 hours.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote EG 503 Epoxy Metal Repair provides excellent adhesive qualities when applied to correctly prepared metal substrates and is ideal for use internally or externally on equipment, machines and appliances that are used on a daily basis. Rapid Curing time allows downtime to be reduced so work can be continued after no time at all.
- Formerly Thortex Metal-Tech EG and Thistlebond TR105 Super Metal Rebuilding System.
- Combines good machining characteristics with good mechanical properties.
- Designed for application by trowel or spatula at thicknesses up to 12mm.
- Provides outstanding cold weld capabilities.
- Designed for use to repairs to cracked casting and rebuilding worn shafts, bearing housings, flanges etc.
- Excellent adhesion to correctly prepared metal surfaces.