This product is being replaced by 3M Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 172 Please call for details
Scotchkote (Thortex) Epoxy Coating 152LVAS is a spray applied coating that can be applied onto manually prepared substrates, offering excellent adhesion properties and excellent corrosion resistance even when immersed in seawater. Approved by London Underground for ease of application and its corrosion protection of upto 25 years.
Scotchkote (Thortex) Epoxy Coating 152LVAS has been specially structured as a surface tolerant anti corrosive coating for structural steel and has been highly recommended by the National Rail for use in the London Underground on bridges, rails, ramps and various other surfaces.
Scotchkote (Thortex) Epoxy Coating 152LVAS is a high performance structural steel paint that has been specially designed for spray application that offers a smooth, protective and decorative finish to a variety of different steel structures. 152LVAS has a theoretical coverage rate of 2m2 per litre and is touch dry after 16 hours.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote (Thortex) Epoxy Coating 152LVAS is suitable for use on grit blasted steel, mechanically prepared steelwork of high pressure water cleaned steel in an internal or external environment and is highly resistant to most chemical substances as well as working to resist corrosion damage with an element of heat protection of up to 100 degrees celsius in dry conditions.
- This product is being replaced by 3M Scotchkote Epoxy Coating 172
- Scotchkote (Thortex) Epoxy Coating 152LVAS
- Section 12 and RT98 approved
- Specifically developed as a surface tolerant anti corrosive coating for steel structures
- Combines good application characteristics with excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance
- Is designed for application by airless spray at thicknesses of up to 600 microns in a single application
- Is suitable for use on grit blasted steel, mechanically prepared steelwork or high pressure water cleaned steel
- Adhesion - Excellent to both blast cleaned and mechanically prepared surfaces
- Corrosion Resistance - Excellent even under sea water immersion conditions
- Chemical Resistance - Unaffected by short term contact with most industrial chemicals
- Temperature Resistance - Suitable for use up to 100 degrees C. dry heat
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 2 sq metres per litre at 500 microns dft.
- Touch dry 16 hours
- Available in 5 litres in Black, Light Grey, Mid Grey, Green and Blue
- Also available in 20.0 litre packs in Light Grey only. Made to Order. Minimum order quantities apply.