Due to the closure of 3M Northallerton, this product is now discontinued. We do however have a short supply of remaining stock. Contact our sales team for an updated stock quantity. Please note, the stock we have has expired.
EA5WB offers long term Corrosion Protection & Finishing Of Mild Steel, Aluminium or Stainless Steel Underframes, Bogies, Braking Systems & Related Rail Rolling Stock Components & Underframe Equipment.
Scotchkote WB Epoxy Coating EA5WB is a two component, decorative coating, with excellent protective qualities that has been specially developed and is highly recommended for use during original equipment manufacture.
Scotchkote WB Epoxy Coating EA5WB is best used in the Water, Rail, Automotive and Commercial Transport industries, combining excellent application characteristics with protective properties, including corrosion resistance, chemical resistance as well as protection against abrasion and impact.
Scotchkote WB Epoxy Coating EA5WB (Copon Hycote EA5WB) can be applied easily using brush, roller or airless spray and is fast drying in just one hour to touch, which results in big money savings due to the reduction in downtime often caused by lengthy projects with long dry time.
Surface and Environment
Scotchkote WB Epoxy Coating EA5WB can be used for providing protection to all steel, stainless steel and aluminium surfaces found internally or externally in industries that require a high quality, protective coating with a finish that offers excellent aesthetic appeal.
- LuL APR No. 142 - Suitable for underbody paint for rolling stock
- 3M Scotchkote WB Epoxy Coating EA5WB.
- Formerly Copon Hycote EA5WB.
- Part of the range of Scotchkote waterborne coatings
- Used within the water, rail, automotive and commercial transport industries
- Combines good application characteristics
- Excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance
- As a single coat, it offers proven long term corrosion protection of steel, stainless steel and aluminium substrates
- Delivers substantial cost savings from reduction in process time compared to multicoat systems
- Tested for limited fire hazard performance. Compliance with BS6853 Code of Practice
- Widely used throughout the Rail Industry
- Used by Original Equipment Manufactures
- Suitable for heavy engineering fabrication and civil engineering work especially for underground and confined locations
- Can be applied by air assisted airless or airless spray equipment
- Theoretical Coverage Rate 5.6 sq metres per litre at 80 microns dft
- Available in Black. Other colours manufactured to order in 5 litre packs.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.