PPG Sigma EP112 Miocoat (formerly Amercoat 4613) is a two component, high solids, micaceous iron oxide pigmented, polyamide cured, epoxy coating, Highway Agency Item 112.
PPG Sigma EP112 Miocoat (formerly Amercoat 4613) is a two component, high solids, micaceous iron oxide pigmented, polyamide cured, epoxy coating designed for general purpose use on steel and concrete structures, as part of protective coating systems exposed to the outdoor world. Highway Agency Item 112.
PPG Sigma EP112 Miocoat has been specifically manufactured for multi-purpose usage, available in dark grey or light grey, that can be applied to a variety of different steel and concrete structures, exposed to coastal, marine and industrial environments, where atmospheric conditions can cause damage to the substrate.
PPG Sigma EP112 Miocoat should be applied using brush or airless spray and can even be applied at low conditions down to -5 degrees celsius, for application where warm ventilation is not feasibly possible. Where conditions are of around 20 degrees celsius then you will be provide with a touch dry surface after 2 hours ready for recoating after 8 hours. The fully cured substrate will be able to withstand temperatures of up to 200 degrees celsius in normal, dry conditions.
Surface and Environment
PPG Sigma EP 112 Miocoat should be applied primarily to steel and concrete and works best in an external environment to offer excellent adhesion to bare or previously painted substrates. Sigma EP112 offers outstanding durability even in adverse conditions and can be applied to vertical or horizontal surfaces respectively.
- PPG Sigma EP 112 Miocoat a two component high solids micaceous iron oxide pigmented polyamine cured recoatable epoxy coating
- General purpose epoxy build coat in protective coating systems for steel and concrete structures exposed to atmospheric land or marine conditions
- Good adhesion characteristics for subsequent coats
- Free from lead and chromate containing pigments
- Excellent durability
- Easy application, both by airless spray and brush
- VOC compliant
- Resistant to temperatures up to 200 degrees C. in dry atmospheric exposure conditions
- Approved Network Rail RT 98 Item 7.2.1
- Registered as Highway Agency item 112.
- Touch dry after 2 hours.
- Overcoating interval min. 8 hours
- Full cure after 7 days
- Theoretical spreading rate 7.0 m2 per litre at 100 microns
- Sigma EP 159 Sealer.