This product is now discontinued. Please contact us for an alternative.
PPG Steelguard 563 is a one component, thin-film, solvent borne, intumescent coating designed for providing fire protection to structural steelwork in an industrial environment.
PPG Steelguard 563 has been tested to national and international standards and can be used in dry, internal environments without the use of a protective topcoat. Steelguard 563 is an excellent fire resistant product that provides up to 90 minutes of protection from cellulosic fires and provides surface with 12 months of weather resistance, when a topcoat isn
- One component thin-film solvent borne intumescent coating for fire protection of structural steelwork
- Provides 90 minutes protection from cellulosic fires
- Fast drying, providing short handling times
- Off-site or on-site application
- Up to 1000 microns dft in a single coat
- Suitable for C1 to C4 internal and external environments (ISO 12944); for dry internal (C1) environments no topcoat is required
- Weather resistant up to 12 months without topcoat provided the coating has been applied in accordance with Information Sheet 1222 and is not subject to running or pooling water, hot high humidity or immersion
- Tested to BS 476 and certified with the national requirements
- Theoretical spreading rate 1.07 sq m/l for 700 microns
- Touch dry after 20 minutes
- Overcoating interval min. 4 hours