This product is now discontinued. Please see PPG SigmaShield 880 as a potential alternative.
PPG Sigmarite 4188 can be applied directly to blasted steel and steel that has been suitably primed with a zinc shop primer, suitable for use in a marine environment and will continue to cure underwater.
PPG Sigmarite 4188 is a high performance two component high solids epoxy component that can be applied directly onto metal and offers excellent corrosion resistance when used in coastal and marine environments.
PPG Sigmarite 4188 is best used on steel substrates where a high quality semi-gloss finish is desired in a limited range of colours in a semi gloss finish and is suitable for railings, fences, posts, and street furniture, can be used in marine exposures and will continue to offer water resistance even when immersed in water.
PPG Sigmarite 4188 can be applied using airless spray and has a coverage rate of 2.8m2 that produces a high quality coating that will continue to cure underwater. Sigmarite 4188 is touch dry after 4 hours and can be recoated after 16 hours.
Surface and Environment
PPG Sigmarite 4188 can be applied directly to blasted steel and steel that has been suitably primed with a zinc shop primer, suitable for use in a marine environment to produce a resillient finish, excellent abrasion and impact resistance to well designed/controlled cathodic protection. Sigmarite 4188 will continue to cure underwater.
- PPG Sigmarite 4188 / Amercoat 4188
- Two component high solids epoxy coating.
- Can be used directly to metal.
- Very good surface wetting.
- Excellent corrosion resistance.
- Outstanding (sea) water resistance.
- Resistant to well designed/controlled cathodic protection.
- Will continue to cure underwater.
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance.
- Theoretical spreading rate 2.8 m2 per litre 300 microns.
- Touch dry after 4 hours.
- Overcoating interval min. 16 hours.