Sika Sikafloor 29 PurCem is a multi-component, polyurethane hybrid mortar. It has high impact and mechanical resistance, good resistance against chemicals and wear. It is typically installed at 3 -9 mm thickness.
Sika Sikafloor 29 PurCem is used as a coving mortar, detailing and vertical rendering with Sikafloor® PurCem® floor systems.
- Good wear resistance
- High mechanical and impact resistance
- High softening point
- Good chemical resistance
- Non tainting /odourless
- Fast curing
- VOC free and environmental friendly
- Can be applied to substrates with high moisture content (7 days old or mature damp concrete)
Sikafloor®-29 PurCem® may only be used by experienced professionals.
The surface must be clean, dry and free of all contaminants such as dirt, oil, grease, coatings and surface treatments, etc. All dust, loose and friable material must be completely removed from all surfaces before application of the product, preferably by vacuum. Pull of strength shall not be less than 1.5 N/mm2. If in doubt apply a test area first.
Premix part A with a low speed electric stirrer and then add part B and mix for 30 seconds. Make sure all pigment is uniformly distributed. Use a double paddle (axis) mixer and gradually add 1 part C (aggregate) to the mixed resin. DON’T DUMP! For the colour pack version, premix 1 part A neutral with a low speed electric stirrer and add 1 part D to it. Mix until a uniform colour is achieved. Add 1 part B and mix for 30 seconds. Make sure all pigment is uniformly distributed. Use a double paddle (axis) mixer and gradually add 2 part C (aggregate) to the mixed resin. DON’T DUMP!
Allow part C to blend for further 2 minutes minimum, to ensure complete mixing and a uniform moist mix is obtained. During the operations, scrape down the sides and bottom of the container with a flat or straight edge trowel at least once (parts A+B+C) to ensure complete mixing. Mix full units only.
Mixing tools: Use a low speed electric stirrer (300-400 rpm) for mixing parts A and B. For preparation of the mortar mix use a pan type revolving mixer.
Apply the mixed Sikafloor®-29 PurCem® onto the ready primed substrate and compact to the appropriate thickness, then finish the detailing profile with a coving trowel or steel float. Apply Sikafloor®-29 Pur-Cem® while the primer is still tacky. If the primer becomes tack free, reapply the primer.
- Polyurethane screed for concrete protection according to the requirements of EN 1504-2:2004 and conforms to the requirements of EN 13813: 2002, DoP
02 08 02 02 003 0 000001 1088, certified by Factory Production Control Body, 0086, certificate 541325, and provided with the CE-mark.
- EN1186, EN 13130, and prCEN/TS 14234 standards, and the Decree on Consumer Goods, representing the conversion of directives 89/109/EEC, 90/128/EEC and 2002/72/EC for contact with food stuffs, according to test report by ISEGA, 32758 U11 and 32759 U11, both dated December 6th, 2011. (Tests performed on Sikafloor® -20/21/22/29 and 31 PurCem® in standard and LP versions).
- British Standards Specifications (BSS) acceptance for use in the UK. Campden and Chorleywood Food Research Association, Ref. S/REP/125424/1a and 2a,
dated 8th February, 2012
- Fire classification report according to EN 13501-1 from Exova Warrington Fire for Sikafloor®-31 Pur-Cem® No.31050, dated 24th of March, 2012
- Liquid water transmission rate test report from the Technology Centre, Ref. 15456 dated January 25th, 2012
- Impact resistance values tested at PRA, Ref. nº 75221-151, dated January 11th, 2012
|Type:||Polyurethane Rendering and Detailing Mortar|
|Stock Colours:||RAL 1001, RAL 1006, RAL 3009, RAL 5015, RAL 6010, RAL 7032, RAL 7035, RAL 7037, RAL 7038|
|VOC Content:||140 g/L|
|Suitable Substrates:||Used as a coving mortar, detailing and vertical render with Sikafloor PurCem floor systems|
|Application Method:||Coving Trowel, Steel Float|
|Theoretical Coverage:||Approx 2.0 Kg per m2 per mm|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):|
|Pot Life:||22 - 25 minutes at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||Between 10 hours and 48 hours at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Clean all tools and application equipment with Sika Thinner C immediately after use. Hardened/cured Sikafloor ®-29 PurCem® can only be mechanically removed.|
|Shelf Life:||Part A and B 12 months from date of production. Part C 6 months from date of production. Protect from freezing and humidity|
|Packaging:||Available in 22 Kg|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.