Sika Icosit 6630
Sikacore Icosit 6630 is a one coat polyurethane paint that can be applied directly to new and weather galvanised steel
Sikacore Icosit 6630 is a one coat polyurethane paint that can be applied directly to new and weather galvanised steel, especially suited for application to Steel and Street Furniture. This product is highly versatile and can be used directly onto steel and galvanised steel, whether it is new or weathered. It can also be used to overcoat previously painted steel. Offers a life expectancy in excess of 15 years to first maintenance in ISO 12944 Part 5.
What is it best used for?
Sikacore Icosit 6630 is best used for providing weather resistance to rural, industrial and marine atmospheres. However, it also works excellently well on all kinds of street furniture, including lighting columns, pipelines, bridges, lattice, masts and the outside protection of silos. Sika 6630 is hard wearing and weather resistance making it extremely long lasting as it needs to be.
How to apply the product?
Sikacore Icosit 6630 can be applied by brush, roller or airless spray and when dry provides you with a semi gloss finish. When temperatures reach 20 degrees celsius then drying time is extremely speedy, and is ok to touch after 1 hour. In 24 hours you will be able to recoat, if this is necessary. Sika 6630 is a finishing coat and should be applied over a sound, primed or coated surface. Can also be applied to new galvanised steel without the use of T Wash.
Surface/environment it is designed for?
Sikacore 6630 offers you excellent weathering properties and corrosion protection so is an excellent product to use in outdoor environments on a variety of steel and metal surfaces.
Below is a list of technical information and properties of Sika Icosit 6630.
- Sikacore Icosit 6630 is a versatile high build paint coating for use directly onto steel and galvanised steel, non-ferrous metals, plastic and timber.
- It is a single pack, low VOC, polyurethane alkyd paint for a high build application directly on to new or weathered galvanised steel (without the use of T Wash or etch primer pre-treatments).
- It may also be used to overcoat previously painted steel.
- Sikacore 6630 One Coat Polyurethane Paint for Steel is weather resistant from rural to industrial and marine atmospheres.
- It is excellent on all street furniture, including lighting columns, pipelines, bridges, lattice masts and the outside protection of silos.
- Sikacore 6630 has a theoretical coverage rate of 7.86 m2 per litre at 80 microns dft.
- All Icosit 'Duplex' coating systems have been independently accredited to ISO 6270 to ensure compliance with the respective 'long' life (in excess of 15 years to first maintenance in ISO 12944 Part 5 (Duplex coatings selection criteria).
- Several products in the range of Iscoit 'Duplex' paints may be applied down to a substrate temperature of -10oC.
- Available in most BS4800 or RAL colours.
- Size: 3 litres and 15 Kg.
Find below a list of data sheets for Sika Icosit 6630.Sika Icosit 6630 - Product Data Sheet
Sika Icosit 6630 - Safety Data Sheet
Available Colours:Sika Icosit 6630 in 3 litres or 15 kg
NB: These colours are for guidance only. Variations between output devices can misrepresent the appearance of an actual colour. Also, we strongly advise that you order your complete paint requirements simultaneously to ensure a uniform batch colour.